Saturday, August 25, 2012

Aboard the Explorer!

I am officially aboard the MV Explorer. Classes have officially started.

It didn't really hit me that the semester had started until a girl I was sitting outside with said "we are on our way to Ireland right now."  Then I was like HOLY CRAP.  I assume I will be having many of those moments over the course of the next three months.  It is incredible being able to stand at any window or on any dock and see nothing but water.  It’s almost as if we are the only thing in the world.  It’s beautiful.  It’s also a bit hilarious trying to get my sea legs.  A larger wave will come and everyone will go staggering sideways into a wall. 

 

I have a travel tip for you, courtesy of our Global Studies Professor Don Gogniat: “Never let your age exceed the number of countries you’ve visited.”

Well I am a little far behind, but by the end of this trip I will be significantly closer.  Personally, I think this is one of the most amazing ideas ever.  Your age should never stop you from exploring the world.  I have seriously caught the travel bug and I am incredibly excited for the adventures to come.

 

xo,

Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment